AES Car Rider Pick Up Procedures: Kindergarten
As an increased safety measure and an effort to reduce wait time in the student
pick up area, we ask that the outlined procedures be followed:
**IMPORTANT: Parents/caregivers are to remain in their cars at all times.**
● Please make a sign with your child's name, grade, and teacher’s name to hold
up or display in your car! This can be on a piece of paper, card stock, etc.
Parents with more than one child should list both names, grades, and teachers.
Please keep your window closed at all times, the sign will show the staff
member who you are picking up.
● As cars approach the pick-up area, an assigned staff member will alert the
student by calling his/her name on a walkie talkie. The staff member will direct
you to a specific cone number. Please drive to that cone number and wait there
for your child. The student will proceed to the cone number specified and meet
you there. (*If you have an older student(s), they are able to come to the K
hallway and wait with their sibling for pick-up).
*There are 5 cones labeled on the sidewalk, see diagram for more information.*
● Again, parents must wait in their cars in line to pick up their child. No parent
will be allowed to walk up to the door to pick up their child.
● If your child is taking a long time to come out, a staff member may direct you to
pull up or park in the parking lot to allow the line to continue moving.
● Only those listed on the emergency medical forms are allowed to pick up the
child, so please only send those people. Please bring your ID as random ID
checks may occur.
PLEASE be patient! :)