The Falcon Pride Online Program is a web-based learning option for the students of the Austintown Local School District. This tuition-free program serves students in grades K - 12. We recognize that students come to us with multiple learning styles and the delivery of content online is a viable option for our students, giving them another option for school success.
The curriculum is aligned with the Ohio Academic Content Standards and Common Core. All core classes, English, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics are covered. Additionally, there are a variety of electives available.
By enrolling in Falcon Pride Online, your child will:
- Receive daily monitoring and assistance provided by our “highly qualified teachers”.
- Attend school in a supervised, private computer lab setting on campus or complete online assignments at home.
- Receive individual tutoring and assistance on a daily, weekly, or as-needed basis.
- Have the option of receiving a loaned personal computer for use while enrolled in the program.
- Receive reimbursement for internet charges (certain criteria must be met).
- Receive tutoring and assistance for successful completion of any Ohio Department of Education Assessment.
- Participate in all extracurricular activities (athletics, clubs, band, choir, etc.) offered by Austintown Schools.
- Receive an Austintown Fitch High School diploma upon graduation.
We are proud to offer an online program that presents many opportunities for students to remain a part of the culture of the building and receive assistance and monitoring in person from a tutor that is a certified teacher.
Most important, we ask that our parents remain to be a vital role in the education of their child by checking their child’s progress weekly, maintaining communication with tutors, encouraging and motivating their child to succeed, and ensuring that their child is in the lab during their scheduled times.
Our program varies at each level, please click on the link below to see how the program works at the grade level you desire.
All current and incoming students must register for the 2016-2017 school year by following the link below. This form will be completed by a counselor, director, principal, or board secretary upon approval to apply for the online program. If you are new to the district, you must first complete the registration process at the Austintown Early Learning Center (AELC), formerly Lynn Kirk Elementary.
Students attending Austintown Local Schools through the Falcon Pride Online program will begin courses on Tuesday September 6, 2016. (One week later than the start of school for students attending in the building only)
Please remember that students that are taking courses in the building in addition to their courses in FPO are required to attend school on August 29th, 30th, and 31st.
Orientations will be scheduled, parents will receive a phone call to verify orientation date and time.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions about the program. I am happy to assist you in any way that I can.
|Mr. Mariel Sallee
|Director of 21st Century Learning
|Office: 330.797.3900 ext. 1512